BPW Ireland is holding a National BPW Conference on the 22nd of September, 2011. The conference will be held at the Meyrick Hotel, Galway, Ireland and will explore ‘The Family in Ireland 2011; Challenge or Opportunity’. The Conference will be officially opened and MC’d by Mrs. Fionnuala Kenny.
• Professor Pat Dolan of the Child & Family Research Centre at NUIG, who will provide insight into the sociological issues impacting the Irish Family at this time.
• Mr Geoffrey Shannon, Chairman of The Adoption Authority, sharing his extensive knowledge of Family Law and, in particular, the Law as it relates to Children.
• Mr Bernard Sheridan, Director for Consumer Protection at the Central Bank of Ireland addressing the topical subject of financial distress with the Irish Family.
• Mr Colm O’Gorman, Executive Director of Amnesty International in Ireland – speaking on human rights issues impacting the Irish Family unit.
• Mr Robin Webster, Chief Executive of Age Action, exploring the particular issues facing the older generation in Ireland today.
• Ms Jennifer O’Connell, Journalist, highlighting the changing roles within the family unit and the impact within the Irish Family and Irish Society.